Director of Development and MarketingCompany: Brandywine Red Clay Alliance
Date Posted: July 13, 2017
Position Summary: Located at the picturesque 300+ acre Myrick Conservation Center in the rolling hills of the Brandywine Valley countryside, Brandywine Red Clay Alliance has an immediate opportunity to make a difference working in the environmental conservation and education field. The position is responsible for advancing the mission of Brandywine Red Clay Alliance by planning, coordinating and supervising all aspects of resource development and public relations by:
- Plan, coordinate and implement all aspects of resource development plan with an emphasis on major gifts.
- Oversee and assist with all aspects of the Annual Campaign.
- Research institutional funders and prepare proposals.
- Plan and implement all aspects of public relations to support organization’s mission and fundraising.
Position Reports To: Executive Director
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Steward of Philanthropic Culture:
- In collaboration with the Development Committee, oversee resource development plan. Provide staff support to the Development Committee and assist with recruitment of new members.
- Identify and cultivate donor prospects, develop individual strategies, prepare and conduct presentations to individuals, corporations and groups.
- Assist the Board leadership in strengthening our philanthropic culture to include educating current, prospective and new board members on the importance of personal giving.
- Manage and implement donor recognition programs including but not limited to named gifts, thank you letters, recognition of major donors and donor appreciation events.
- Take a leadership role in the planning for fundraising initiatives.
Annual and Planned Giving:
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Development Committee to coordinate Annual Campaign and Planned Giving activities with an emphasis on major donor cultivation and solicitation to secure operating, programmatic and capital support.
- Work closely with Board and volunteers as they plan and implement all fund-raising events.
- Oversee that donor database is maintained and updated daily.
- Supervise Database Admin. Asst.
Collaborate with the Executive Director with identification of prospects and development of foundation grants.
- In collaboration with the Marketing Committee, develop and implement a marketing and communications plan that emphasizes the value of the mission to strengthen relationships with members and volunteers.
- Serve as editor for Newsletter and Annual Report in conjunction with staff to develop and deliver key messages and expand distribution.
- Work with staff to develop new website material and monitor updates of website content.
- Create and disseminate press releases. Develop working relationships with key media personnel. If necessary, prepare press kits and conduct press conferences.
- Seek speaking engagements with community groups.
Other: Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor degree in business administration or marketing preferred
Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in all areas of nonprofit development and fund raising with special emphasis on major gift development. CFRE desirable but not required.
Skills and Abilities: Demonstrated ability in organizational and administrative skills and initiative to solve problems and to meet deadlines. Flexibility and willingness to create and implement new strategies. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Computer literacy required. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs: Word, Excel, Access. Knowledge Salesforce fundraising software a plus.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Jim Jordan, Executive Director via email. email@example.com