Volunteer Coordinator - Part-timeCompany: Friends Association for Care and Protection of Children
Date Posted: July 10, 2017
Friends Association for Care and Protection of Children is a 195 year old 501-c-3 located in West Chester, PA. We are seeking a talented and people centered Volunteer Coordinator to continue the growth of a dynamic and thriving volunteer engagement program. The mission of Friends Association is to promote the independence of families with children by providing shelter, programs and services that prevent and end homelessness in Chester County. The position is part-time, 25 hours/week, and applicant must be available for evening and weekend hours.
Reports to: Director of Development
Coordinates with: Volunteers, In Kind Donors, Government Officials, Event & Corporate Sponsors
The Volunteer Coordinator’s primary responsibilities are to identify, track and manage a corps of volunteers for the benefit of the agency. Position is 25 hours/week, $18/hour.
- Recruit and manage all volunteers, interns and in-kind giving, including a remote based network.
- Facilitate agency orientation, workshops, trainings and background checks for volunteer positions.
- Manage the database to track volunteers, hours, interest and reports.
- Facilitate all volunteer activities and events.
- Communicate with staff regarding volunteer needs, training and supervision within the organization.
- Be visible and increase public awareness in the community as an advocate for the agency and the children and families we serve.
- Develop and cultivate new and existing constituent relationships, including conducting outreach initiatives to expand volunteerism in support of agency programs.
- Prepare monthly status reports as specified by the Director of Development.
- Plan and execute an informal and formal volunteer recognition program.
- Market the volunteer program in coordination with the Communications Specialist.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of the volunteer program.
- Assist in the Development Program as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Attend Staff Meetings, fundraisers and Association events.
- Attend professional development webinars or on-site trainings.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Proficiency in donor database software and Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent writing, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Certification in Volunteer Management Desired
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends
- Must be able to lift 40lbs
- Must have clean driving record
- Full criminal background check and child abuse clearances will be required prior to offer
To be considered for this position, please send cover letter, contact information for 3 professional references and resume to: Robin Meixner, Development Director: firstname.lastname@example.org